Somerset Hospital Diabetes Education Center
More now, that ever before, people with diabetes can live active and healthy lives. Whether you were recently diagnosed with diabetes, or you’ve been living with it for years, staying informed is a key to staying healthy. Somerset Hospital’s Diabetes Education Center is dedicated exclusively to helping people with diabetes become experts in their own care.
- Education and support for people with type 1, type 2, gestational and pre-diabetes.
- Individual and group educational opportunities.
- Daytime and evening appointments and classes.
- An extension to the care provided to you by your physician.
- Your doctor is kept informed of your participation in diabetes education and your progress toward meeting your healthcare goals.
- Days, times and meeting locations for services vary, so please call 814.443.5744 in advance to register.
Work with the Certified Diabetes Educator to address training needs to use diabetes devices, problem-solve and manage medications based on physician-directed protocols.
Through class discussion and hands-on activities, learn survivor skills you need in order to make wise choices about how you live and manage your diabetes.
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Work personally with a registered dietitian to achieve your nutrition / wellness goals. Behavior modification, emotional coping skills and problem-solving strategies will be promoted and supported through a series of counseling and education sessions.
Allows you the opportunity to exchange information and network with others that are living and coping with diabetes. These groups are open to the public, free of charge.
Watch the Somerset Daily American, hospital mailings and the hospital website for topics, days & times.