COVID-19 Vaccine Information and Updates
Friends of UPMC Somerset Awards Ten Students the Mary Ream Nursing Scholarship
July 23, 2020
SOMERSET, Pa., July 23, 2020 – The Friends of UPMC Somerset recently awarded 10 students with the Mary Ream Nursing Scholarship, which is a $1,000 scholarship for students who are enrolled in a nursing program. These candidates were selected based on their submitted essays, GPA, extracurricular activities and letters of recommendation.
- Maddie Hemminger, Seton Hill University
- Brenda Walters, Clarion University at Somerset
- Micayla Buratty, Clarion University at Somerset
- Zoey Betker, Clarion University at Somerset
- Anni Shaffer, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Kasie Campbell, Waynesburg University
- Carly Engleka, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Sarah Miller, Carlow University
- Ashley Chonko, Conemaugh School of Nursing
- Tara Charlton, Clarion University at Somerset
The Friends of UPMC Somerset are a group of volunteers who are dedicated to raising money for projects that support UPMC Somerset. Since its inception in 1921, more than $3 million has been donated. The Friends of UPMC Somerset were proud to award these ten deserving students this nursing scholarship that will assist with their future educational endeavors.