Your health can’t wait.
Learn how we’re making our facilities safer and schedule your care now.
Friends of UPMC Somerset Awards Ten Students the Mary Ream Nursing Scholarship
July 23, 2020
SOMERSET, Pa., July 23, 2020 – The Friends of UPMC Somerset recently awarded 10 students with the Mary Ream Nursing Scholarship, which is a $1,000 scholarship for students who are enrolled in a nursing program. These candidates were selected based on their submitted essays, GPA, extracurricular activities and letters of recommendation.
- Maddie Hemminger, Seton Hill University
- Brenda Walters, Clarion University at Somerset
- Micayla Buratty, Clarion University at Somerset
- Zoey Betker, Clarion University at Somerset
- Anni Shaffer, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Kasie Campbell, Waynesburg University
- Carly Engleka, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Sarah Miller, Carlow University
- Ashley Chonko, Conemaugh School of Nursing
- Tara Charlton, Clarion University at Somerset
The Friends of UPMC Somerset are a group of volunteers who are dedicated to raising money for projects that support UPMC Somerset. Since its inception in 1921, more than $3 million has been donated. The Friends of UPMC Somerset were proud to award these ten deserving students this nursing scholarship that will assist with their future educational endeavors.